Beech Wood Carving Mallet 16 oz
16 oz Beech Wood Carving Mallet
Big Horn 26016 16 oz Wooden Mallet. Made from solid beech wood with oversized heads our wooden carving mallets are perfect for extended carving sessions. The 5-1/4" head x 2-7/8" x 2" striking face allows for exceptional power, without damaging your material. This hard Beech wood mallet features a traditional design that is great for novice or professional carvers alike. Exceptional for woodworking and other uses, this woodworkers’ mallet (or carpenters’ mallet, if you prefer) is ideal for joining work, striking chisels, and other woodworking uses and it crushes ice like a champ as well (that makes it an ice mallet too). Looks great, we know looks aren’t the most important feature when buying a wood mallet, but it doesn’t hurt, either, this one looks great on your pegboard, and is a tool you’ll be proud to own. A wooden mallet (sometimes called a carpenters’ mallet or a woodworkers’ mallet) is a tool that may seem strange at first, but is essential for many applications, with woodworking being chief amongst them. Woodworking often calls for the use of chisels, with a hammer needed to tap / strike them.
- Well balanced for precision and comfort, this wood mallet is carefully crafted to feel good in your hand while swinging and striking, you’ll know its quality workmanship the second you pick it up
- Tapered handle for additional strength, the wood mallet head is secured by a 12" tapered Beech wood handle, making it impossible for the head to fly off, the handle is also smooth, splinter free, and easy to grip
- Ideal for general joinery work and a perfect pairing with your favorite chisels, this wonderful wood mallet is made in China with old world craftsmanship and quality
- Made of premium kiln-dried Beech wood, this 5-1/4-inch Wood Mallet comes with an angled face and a smooth, splinter-free grip handle, which is also tapered to keep the head rock solid
- Rubber mallets do not offer the hard residence needed, and forget metal, as they are too heavy, and will also damage your tools. This makes a wooden mallet very necessary, and this is one of the finest you can buy.
- Head Size: 5" (Top Head) x 4-3/4" (Bottom Head) x 2-7/8" (Striking Face)
- Handle Length: 12"
- Finish: Wax