6 Farmhouse Style Ideas for Your Home
Since 2013, Joanna and Chip Gaines have taken the home remodeling and design industries by storm. Due to the success of their hit HGTV show, Fixer Upper, the couple now sells their Magnolia Home goods in Target, Pier 1, Bed, Bath & Beyond, Home Depot and on their own website.
While their farmhouse modern products are certainly attractive, the reality is they’re quite expensive. Like, super expensive.
If you enjoy the Magnolia Home look, here at Bear Hollow Supply, we offer a wide range of affordable vintage-style hardware.
Here are some of our favorite products to use for your modern farmhouse remodel or redesign:
- European Sliding Barn Door Hardware: Sliding barn doors have been growing in popularity over the past decade due to their unique style and simple application. While many home goods stores now sell barn doors of all sizes for anywhere from $100-$1,000, it is oftentimes more enjoyable to see what you can find at architectural salvage shops. Or, you can also have barn doors custom made from large pieces of wood. To help you get started on your barn door project, we recommend purchasing our European Sliding Barn Door Hardware. This attractive modern hardware will work for cabinets and doorways. We also sell a Mini Sliding Barn Door Hardware Kit perfect for furniture.
- Lumber Cart Coffee Table Hardware Kit: Vintage industrial-style hardware is all the rage these days, and our Lumber Cart Coffee Table Hardware Kit is a great way to start your first farmhouse chic project. All you need is wood, varnish, and our hardware. Shanty 2 Chic offers a simple tutorial on how to make your own cart coffee table for under $100. If you love railroads or industrial style, this hardware is the perfect accent for your living space.
- Cast Aluminum Bar Height Legs 34”: At Bear Hollow Supply, we love cast aluminum products. Why? Not only is cast aluminum a striking addition to any room, it’s also incredibly sturdy and long-lasting. You’ll have your aluminum-based furniture around for years to come. We sell a variety of cast aluminum legs and pedestals for tables, but we’ve selected our Cast Aluminum Bar Height Legs 34” as one of our favorite table leg options. These cast aluminum legs are very similar to cast iron; however, they weigh only 40 pounds a set. Search for your favorite wood at Home Depot or at a salvage shop to make your own unique modern farmhouse coffee table. Proudly made in the USA.
- Pie Safe Tin Federal Star Panel: We love the tin tiles and tin panels from yesteryear, and that’s why we offer a variety of tin panels for kitchen, dining room or bathroom cabinetry. Our Pie Safe Tin Federal Star Panel is a favorite due to its vintage Americana style and punched accents. Our panels come in finishes of antique tin, antique copper or blackened tin depending on your design needs.
- Traditional Mission Drawer Pull: We sell dozens of unique drawer knobs and pulls, but we wanted to highlight our Traditional Mission Drawer Pull as an excellent choice for modern farmhouse design. This simple yet striking pull will pop on any light or dark-finished wood surface. Styles also come in black, antique English and pewter.
- Gear Shelf/Mantel Bracket: Shelves don’t have to be boring, and that’s why we love our Gear Shelf/Mantel Bracket. Like our table legs, these brackets are made of durable cast aluminum and are powder coated black. If you’re going for a modern industrial design, these machine-gear looking brackets surely pop and will catch the attention of any guest in your home. These brackets are 7 ½” in width and are proudly made in the USA.
Best of luck on your farmhouse or industrial style redesign. In addition to our unique hardware, we also sell lighting, adhesives, bed hardware, woodworking tools, air tools, kitchen organizers and more. To check out more of our home products, please visit this page, or sign up to receive our free catalog. Bear Hollow Supply has been proudly family-owned since 1994.